Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
yield: 16 servingsprep time: 10 minscook time: 15 mins
These cookies are perfect for when your sweet cravings hit & you want something healthy! While you won’t fool anyone into thinking they are regular cookies, they are delicious in their own right and no one will ever guess there are chickpeas in them!
- 400g canned unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 30g rolled oats
- 50g monk fruit erythritol sweetener
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 40g sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 355°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients apart from chocolate chips in food processor. Process on high until very smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Stir chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop and drop cookie dough onto lined baking tray using two spoons. Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- Cookies can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry spot for up to 3 days.
- You may replace banana with same amount of apple sauce. (1/2 cup for average size)
- You may substitute monkfruit erythritol sweetener with any other granulated sweetener of choice.
- You may substitute almond butter with any other nut or seed butter of choice.
- The texture of these cookies is more like a soft cookie. While you definitely can’t taste chickpeas in them, don’t expect them to taste exactly like regular cookies!
© Chloe Ting Recipes – https://chloeting.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-chickpea-cookies