These BBQ flavored roasted chickpeas are vegan, high protein, super easy to make and so addictive to eat! They are oven-roasted to crunchy perfection, making them a great high-protein and high-fiber snack to have at home and on the go.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 355°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, then dry them thoroughly using a clean tea towel.
- Transfer dried chickpeas to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the chickpeas then toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer chickpeas to lined baking tray. Arrange them so they are spread out and in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the chickpeas from the oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle smoked paprika, garlic powder, chili power and salt all over and toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer chickpeas back to the baking sheet and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing or enjoying.
- If some of the chickpeas are still not crunchy at the end of baking, simply bake them for longer. Make sure they don’t burn though!
- Make sure you dry the chickpeas thoroughly to ensure maximum crunch.
- Feel free to adjust the amount and ratio of seasonings according to your taste preference.