These fish tacos are so easy to make and so delicious! Loaded with super flavorful pan-seared fish, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo and a zesty avocado cream sauce. An easy, healthy dinner for Taco Tuesdays or really Taco Anyday!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
Avocado cream sauce
Pico de gallo
Make pico de gallo
- Dice tomatoes, finely dice red onion and chop cilantro. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add lime juice and mix to combine. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
Make avocado cream sauce
- Add all ingredients for the avocado cream sauce to a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Combine all the seasonings for the fish in a small bowl.
- Pat dry fish fillets and rub seasoning all over on both sides.
- Heat up olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sear fish for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
Prepare other ingredients and assemble
- Thinly slice green cabbage and cut lime into wedges.
- Warm up tortillas. Sprinkle a little bit of water on each tortilla and heat up on a skillet for 1 minute on each side or until lightly golden brown.
- On each tortilla, spread 1 tbsp of avocado cream sauce, then top with sliced cabbage, fish, pico de gallo, and drizzle more avocado cream sauce on top. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!
- I used basa fillets but any mild white fish will work for this recipe.
- Feel free to omit chili powder or adjust amount used according to your spice tolerance.
- For dairy-free, substitute Greek yogurt with coconut yogurt or omit completely.
- Feel free to omit garlic and onion if they bloat you.
- You may use any tortillas that suit your dietary requirements (eg. corn, wholewheat, gluten-free etc.)