Easy Salmon Rice Bowl
yield: 1 servingprep time: 5 minscook time: 0 mins
Chances are you’ve heard about the viral salmon rice bowl from TikTok, which is a common meal in Asian households. It’s a quick & easy way to elevate leftover ingredients to a delicious & filling meal in minutes. The dish is also highly customizable!
- 1 cooked salmon fillet
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 80g cooked rice
- 1 tbsp furikake
- 1 sheet seaweed
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- De-seed and slice cucumber, and slice avocado.
- Cut seaweed into 4 smaller squares.
- Flake salmon fillet using a fork.
- In a bowl, mix together flaked salmon, rice, soy sauce, kewpie mayo and sriracha. Top with sliced avocado, cucumber and furikake. Eat with seaweed sheets. Enjoy!
- The salmon fillet can be cooked in anyway you want. Try[ Baked Miso Salmon](https://recipes.chloeting.com/recipes/baked-miso-salmon.html),[ Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon](https://recipes.chloeting.com/recipes/honey-garlic-glazed-salmon.html), or simply pan searing it.
- I used a mix of white and brown rice, but feel free to use whatever suits your dietary needs. Quinoa would also be great as a substitute!
- Feel free to substitute or add any of your favorite vegetables or salad greens to this versatile rice bowl. Some ideas are: edamame, corn kernels, wilted baby spinach, shredded cabbage.