Life is short - eat cake for breakfast! Especially when said cake is a delicious, wholesome carrot cake disguised as pancakes! Completed with cinnamon spiced yogurt, these pancakes are truly irresistible. Easily adaptable for dairy-free/ vegan and just an amazing way to include veggies in your breakfast!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Spiced Greek yogurt sauce
- Finely grate carrot using a box grater or food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, milk, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, stevia and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Whisk in spelt flour and baking powder until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat up a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add a ladleful of pancake batter to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Make the yogurt sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- To assemble, top one pancake with a little yogurt sauce, place another pancake on top, add more yogurt sauce, and repeat until the final pancake. Top with the rest of the yogurt sauce, a sprinkle of cinnamon powder and some chopped pecans. Enjoy!
- For dairy-free, substitute milk with any milk of choice and Greek yogurt with coconut yogurt.
- For vegan, substitute egg with egg replacer or flax egg, milk with any milk of choice and Greek yogurt with coconut yogurt.
- Feel free to substitute stevia and maple syrup with any sweetener of choice.