This vegan veggie fried rice utilizes (grated!) firm tofu for a quick and easy protein-filled lunch that delicious, healthy and will keep you satiated for a long time. No pressing of tofu needed!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
2 - 3
- Mince garlic, chop green onions and broccoli.
- Squeeze tofu over a bowl to get rid of as much water as possible. Don’t worry if it starts to break apart a bit. Pat dry with a tea towel then grate on the large holes of a box grater. Set aside.
- Heat up grapeseed oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Increase heat to high and add tofu. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, breaking it apart a little with your spatula, until it starts to brown. Remove tofu from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat back to medium, add broccoli and a splash of water to the skillet. Cover and let it steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tofu back in, along with sesame oil, shoaxing wine, soy sauce and green onions. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, breaking it up with your spatula. Taste and season with more soy sauce if necessary.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Use 1-day old rice for the best texture. If using freshly-cooked rice, let it cool completely before using.
- Extra-firm tofu is preferred for this recipe but firm tofu will also work. Just make sure you don’t use regular or silken tofu as those will just break apart.
- Feel free to use any other vegetables instead of broccoli.
- You may substitute grapeseed oil with any cooking oil that has a high smoking point.