This breakfast plate is loaded with silky tofu scramble, potato hash, roasted cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado, sautéed garlic mushrooms and baby spinach. It’s the ultimate vegan big breakfast!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
Make potato hash and roast tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Parboil potato for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool completely.
- Grate potato using a box grater and finely slice onion.
- Mix together potato, onion, salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil a baking tray. Take a spoonful of potato mixture and shape it into a circle on the baking tray. Press down gently to flatten but don’t compact it too much. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Spray the potato hash lightly with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes, flip, then bake for 10 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the same baking dish in the final 10 minutes to roast them.
Cook mushrooms and spinach
- Heat up a nonstick skillet over low heat. Add sliced mushrooms to skillet and toast them without oil, undisturbed, for 1-2 minutes or until they start to shrink a little.
- Add oil, salt and garlic powder to the mushrooms and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-low and sauté mushrooms until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add spinach, a splash of water and a pinch of salt to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted, about 30 minutes to 1 minute. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Prepare other ingredients and assemble
- Slice avocado and toast bread.
- Assemble your breakfast plate by arranging half of all the components on each plate: potato hash, roast tomatoes, sliced avocados, sautéed mushrooms. wilted spinach. tofu scramble and toast. Top with pepper, salt and sesame seeds. Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Tofu scramble recipe can be found here . Feel free to add extra seasoning like garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- I used wholewheat bread for this dish but feel free to use any bread that suits your dietary needs eg. gluten-free.
- Try substituting potato with sweet potato for a sweet potato hash instead!
- This breakfast plate is super versatile so feel free to add or substitute any components!