Vegan Crustless Quiche
yield: 3 servingsprep time: 10 minscook time: 30 mins
Healthy vegan crustless quiche packed with vegetables and protein from tofu. It's low in calories, yet nutritious and tasty. Great for meal prepping or a quick breakfast and lunch!
- 400g firm tofu, pressed
- 100g spinach
- 150g cooked kabocha squash
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 100g red bell pepper
- 120g zucchini
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- Add pressed tofu, dried oregano, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper into your food processor and process until it turns into a smooth paste. If the mixture is too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of non dairy milk at a time as required to assist with blending.
- Slice zucchini and red bell pepper.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, zucchini, spinach and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook briefly for 5 minutes to get rid of some of the moisture in the vegetables so that they don't sweat and make your quiche watery in the oven.
- Add zucchini, spinach and red bell pepper to tofu mixture and mix until combined. In a quiche pan or baking dish, add cooked kabocha squash, then pour tofu mixture over it. Top with cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot with salad greens or roasted potatoes!
- Feel free to add some eggs if you're vegetarian.
- Nutritional yeast adds cheesy flavor with additional vitamins. Feel free to substitute it with dairy cheese.
- Make sure squash or pumpkin is cooked before adding it in the dish as it produces moisture when cooked especially if its not kabocha squash.
- Use your favorite vegetables! Broccoli, cauliflower and artichokes are great too!
© Chloe Ting Recipes – https://chloeting.com/recipes/vegan-crustless-quiche