This recipe is for one of those days when you’ve run out of groceries, don’t want to order takeout, too tired to cook but still want to eat healthy. A 5-ingredient creamy tomato curry that can be made with shelf-stable pantry items in under 20 minutes. Never have a hangry emergency again!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
- Using a box grater, coarsely grate onion.
- Heat up olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add grated onion and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and it’s starting to brown.
- Stir in curry powder and tomatoes. Continue cooking on medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lentils and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in coconut milk. Once the mixture comes to a simmer again, turn off the heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
- I served the curry with cauliflower rice but feel free to serve it with basmati rice, brown rice, naan bread, toasted sourdough or really whatever you have at home!
- You may substitute coconut milk with cashew / oat milk.
- Feel free to substitute lentils with chickpeas or any canned beans you have at home.