The flavors of apple pie in pancake form using the baked oatmeal trend hack. These pancakes are simultaneously fluffy, healthier than traditional pancakes and ridiculously easy to make that you'll want to keep making them long after the trend has passed.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
Cinnamon Apple Topping
- Dice apple, and put 3/4 in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Let cool slightly, then put in a food processor / high speed blender along with the rest of the ingredients for the pancakes. Process until smooth.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on low heat. Spoon a ladleful of batter onto skillet, and cook for 1-2 minutes before flipping and cooking the other side for 1 minute. Repeat until you use up all the batter.
- While waiting for the pancakes to cook, make your topping. Combine the rest of the diced apple with cinnamon and maple syrup in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave for another minute.
- Stack your finished pancakes, and top with the cinnamon apple topping and additional maple syrup if desired. Enjoy!
- The cooked apple in the pancake batter serves as a great fat-replacer to keep these pancakes nice and moist without the need for oil. It also adds a touch of sweetness so there is no need for additional sweeteners as well. Plus it adds a healthy dose of fiber and vitamin C!
- In addition to cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves are great spices to add to this as well if you want.