Spice up your morning oats by turning it into a healthy dessert! If you love apple pie or apple crumble, you’ll love the warming and cozy flavor of this spiced apple pie oatmeal.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 2 mins
- Small dice apple and transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Microwave apples on high for 1 minute, stir, then microwave for another minute.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, add rolled oats, almond milk, salt and vanilla extract. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove oats from the microwave. Top with Greek yogurt, spiced apples, chopped pecans and extra cinnamon. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Toast the pecans before using for more flavor and crunch by roasting them in a 360ºF / 180ºC oven for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can toast them in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Feel free to substitute maple syrup with any other sweetener of choice.
- I used unsweetened and unflavored milk and yogurt for this recipe. If you use a sweetened version, you might want to omit the maple syrup.
- Feel free to substitute almond milk with any other milk of choice.
- Feel free to substitute Greek yogurt with coconut yogurt to make this recipe vegan-friendly.