Baked.. avocado? Promise me you won’t knock it till you try it! A fantastic indulgent brunch dish, these baked eggs in avocado are quick, delicious and nutritious. Dress them up with your favorite toppings, and serve with toasted sourdough bread to mop up all the glorious runny yolk and creamy avocado.
Prep Time 2 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out about 2 tbsp of flesh from each avocado half to make more room for the egg.
- Carefully crack an egg into each hole.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the yolk is cooked to desired doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper and any toppings of your choice. Serve with toasted sourdough. Enjoy!
- If you have trouble keeping the avocado halves upright in the oven, place them on an upside down muffin tin.
- Make sure you use a large avocado for this and scoop out some flesh to ensure there is enough room for each half to fit an egg.
- Feel free to dress and top these however you like! Some ideas are: diced ham, bacon, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled feta/ goat cheese, basil, chives, etc.