This baked miso salmon is so delicious and easy to make. It only requires 30 minutes of marinating and is perfect for weeknight cooking or when you're pressed for time! It's great for meal prep too!
Prep Time 40 mins
Cooking Time 12 mins
- In a big bowl or container with lid, add all ingredients for the marinade and mix until combined.
- Place salmon fillets in the container and spoon marinade to coat. Put the lid one, and let salmon marinade in the fridge for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 210ºC / 410°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove salmon from fridge, and lightly scrape off all the excess marinade. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked and the top of the salmon is slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve with rice and your favorite steamed vegetables. Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Baking time can vary depending on the size and thickness of your salmon fillets.
- Make sure you scrap off excess marinade on the salmon before putting it in the oven as the miso in the marinade will burn easily if left on.
- You can substitute soy sauce with tamarin.
- If you're worried about the alcohol content in the sake and mirin, the alcohol should evaporate in the cooking process. But if you can't take it, you can replace sake with water, and replace mirin with a mixture of 1/2 cup of water and 2 tbsp of sweetener of choice (or a few drops of stevia).