A thin crust pizza that is ready in 10 minutes, is delicious and is good for you too? That's right! No kneading necessary as we are using whole wheat tortilla as the base, which bakes to crispy perfection, topped with delicious sugar free BBQ sauce, chicken and melty cheese. Yum!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
Make BBQ sauce:
- Combine all ingredients except for tempeh in a pot. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened. If mixture becomes too thick, simply thin it out with a little bit of water and let simmer until desired consistency.
- Let cool completely before using.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C / 410°F.
- Place a large baking rack on a baking sheet, and place tortilla directly on top of baking rack.
- Spread BBQ sauce thinly over the tortilla, leaving a 0.5 inch sauceless border on the edge. Then top tortilla with shredded chicken, mozzarella and spinach.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the edge of the tortilla is slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Top with a sprinkle of black pepper if desired. Slice your pizza and enjoy!
- If you don't have a baking rack, you can place the tortilla directly on a lined baking sheet. However the base won't be as crispy.
- For the BBQ sauce, you may substitute monk fruit erythritol sweetener with any other sweetener of choice.
- Any leftover BBQ sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.