This whipped yogurt parfait is the ultimate Insta-worthy, ombre dessert that's also healthy, nutritious and packed with protein. Not to mention quick and easy to make or meal prep.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
FOR THE PARFAIT
Make the strawberry jam:
- In a pot or pan, add in the frozen strawberries and sweetener then simmer on low/medium heat until fully melted. Take off heat.
- Meanwhile, let the gelatin bloom for 2 mins on the side. (Optional)
- Add the lemon/lime to your strawberries, mix together well, and then let the mixture cool.
- Add the gelatin into the jam mixture. (Optional)
- Pour mixture into a jar and store in the fridge.
Assemble the parfait:
- In a large bowl, add the yogurt, sweetener, vanilla extract and superfood powder. Mix well with a whisk.
- You can create an ombre effect by making a few shades using separate bowls.
- In a glass cup add in a layer of the strawberry jam from earlier and then the yogurt mixture.
- Enjoy as is, or get creative with toppings of your choice. I recommend nuts, puffs and strawberries!
- The original recipe is very high in protein but it does contain lactose. Substitutions are fine, however, the protein content does drop a bit.
- For a lactose-free option: use lactose-free greek yogurt or any other non-dairy yogurt of your choice.
- For a vegan option: use non-dairy yogurts such as soy yogurt, coconut milk yogurt, almond milk yogurt etc.
- The assembled parfait can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days, perfect for prepping a batch in advance.
- You can also use store bought strawberry jam or sauce.