A delicious, balanced and filling, Mexican-inspired, healthy breakfast burrito. But let's face it, once you try this you'll want it for every meal. They're so easy to make and they keep really well too, making it perfect for meal prepping. Just try it, guys.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
- Heat up olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add beaten eggs and salt and cook, stirring continuously to scramble the eggs. Remove from heat as soon as the eggs start to set. Set aside.
- Add chopped onion, minced garlic, sausage and smoked paprika to skillet. Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent and sausage is browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add diced tomato and black beans to skillet. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until tomato is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble your tortillas by putting half of each component in the middle of each tortilla. Top with baby spinach and sriracha/hot sauce (if using). Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla, the roll from left to right.
- Place both burritos back in skillet and toast for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Slice into halves and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You may substitute the sausages with pork/beef mince, chicken, or even tofu.
- You may add some low fat cheese if you want!
- Take care not to over cook the eggs as you don't want dry and hard scrambled eggs!
- Omit onion and garlic if they bloat you.
- These breakfast burritos can be made ahead of time and kept in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to eat, simply reheat in a pre-heated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for about 35-40 minutes.