Looking for ways to switch up your regular morning bowl of oats? I got you! Try this sugar-free, high protein carrot cake oatmeal - with raisins, walnuts, warming spices, and an egg white mixed in for an extra protein boost. It’s also a great way to sneak vegetables into your breakfast!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 6 mins
- Grate carrot using box grater.
- Add grated carrot, water, cinnamon, allspice, vanilla extract and salt to a pot. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat then cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Add rolled oats, egg white and raisins. Stir to combine. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sweeten to taste with stevia. Top with chopped walnuts and enjoy!
- Pro-tip: Toast your walnuts for them to be extra nutty and delicious!
- Feel free to omit walnuts or substitute with another nut or seed of choice.
- Feel free to substitute stevia with any other sweetener of choice.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of stevia or whatever sweetener you’re using according to your taste preference. I personally found that the raisins already add a bit of natural sweetness so I didn’t need to add a lot of stevia.
- The egg white adds extra protein and makes the oatmeal super fluffy. However you may omit it if you like.
- Feel free to substitute non-fat milk with any other milk of choice.