Perfectly seasoned, crispy on the outside, soft & creamy on the inside; this cauliflower steaks recipe with homemade vegan chipotle sauce are a veggie lover's dream. Plus they're ridiculously easy to make!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 40 mins
Creamy Chipotle Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 260ºC / 500ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wash and drain cauliflower. Remove the outer leaves and slice lengthwise through the core into 4 "steaks".
- Transfer cauliflower steaks to lined baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray, then rub in all the seasonings evenly over the cauliflower. Flip and repeat for the other side.
- Roast cauliflower for 15 minutes, flip, and continue roasting for 15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with creamy chipotle sauce.
Make the sauce:
- While the cauliflower steaks are roasting, making your sauce. Add all ingredients (except water) to a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Slowly add water, 1 tbsp at a time, and whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust to your preference if needed.
- Serve cauliflower steaks as an appetizer or as a hearty side dish, or double up on the steaks and have them as your main dish along with some leafy greens!
- Omit cayenne pepper powder if you can't take spicy.
- Any leftover sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.