A great way to use up any leftover quinoa, these crispy broccoli quinoa cakes make the perfect wholesome snacks, appetizers or a light lunch. Feel free to substitute broccoli with any grated vegetables you have on hand instead!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
6 - 8
Broccoli quinoa cakes
Make avocado dip
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, pausing to scrap down the sides if necessary.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
Make broccoli quinoa cakes
- Grate broccoli using a box grater. Use the head only. Reserve the rest of it for other recipes such as stir-frys.
- Add grated broccoli, quinoa, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Take a large spoonful of mixture and form into a patty using your hands. Repeat until all mixture is used.
- Heat up olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook quinoa cakes for 5-8 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat and keep warm while you cook the rest of the quinoa cakes.
- Serve immediately with avocado dip. Enjoy!
- Feel free to substitute broccoli with any other vegetable that is not too watery. Just make sure to grate it into tiny pieces before using.
- You may substitute mozzarella cheese with any grated cheese.
- You may substitute wholewheat bread crumbs with gluten-free bread crumbs, panko crumbs, almond flour or oat flour.