Crispy chicken that you can enjoy without any oil added. It's gluten free and extremely tasty. You would think that these chicken pieces are fried because they're so crunchy!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 25 mins
- First preheat oven to 220°C/ 425°F.
Toast rice crumbs.
- Toast rice crumbs on a pan under low heat until it turns golden.
- You can add some oil to the pan prior to toasting the crumbs, but it's not necessary.
Prepare egg mix and flour
- Prepare 2 large plates and one bowl.
- Crack one egg into the bowl and season with 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix well.
- Transfer toasted rice crumbs to a large plate, and season with 1 tsp of salt
- Scoop 1/2 cup of potato starch/flour to another large plate. You can use other flours too.
Coating chicken & bake
- Coat chicken with potato flour.
- Dip your coated chicken in egg mix, then shake off any excess egg.
- Finally, coat the chicken with rice crumbs. Make sure it's well coated then set aside.
- Put your chicken on a sheet of baking paper and on a grill rack.
- Grill for 12-15 mins on one side. Then flip over and grill for another 10-12 mins depending on how golden you want your chicken to be.
- Your chicken is ready! You can have it with some fresh salad leaves, or with some baked potatoes or quinoa. You can also have it as a snack!
- Feel free to use your preferred flour for coating. You can try rice flour, tapioca starch, or just regular wheat flour for those who can tolerate gluten.
- Rice crumbs are gluten free, but you can use panko crumbs too.
- You don't have to toast the rice crumbs if you're in a rush. It gives a beautiful golden finish without having to bake your chicken in the oven for a long time. Baking your chicken in the oven for a long period of time will dry out your chicken.
- Feel free to spray some oil on the chicken if you want to get a quick golden finish and skip the toasting process.
- This recipe doesn't require any oil but feel free to use some if you wish to.