This warm salad is filled with curried quinoa, chickpeas, raisins and toasted sliced almonds. It's delicious, nutritious and so easy to prepare. It keeps well as leftover so feel free to make a big batch for meal prep!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- Mince garlic and finely dice onion.
- Heat up olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté until fragrant and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, raisins, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper to skillet. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Add quinoa and chickpeas, and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat and stir in sliced almonds.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm and top with more sliced almonds as garnish if desired.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- This salad tastes even better the next day when you let all the flavors have had a chance to mellow and come together.
- This salad is great both on its own as a main and a side dish! If you want to, you can top it with some grilled chicken for a more filling and higher protein meal.
- If you don’t have almonds, try roasted cashews or pepitas.