Easy and affordable bolognese recipe that's delicious and only requires 4 ingredients. It's nutritious with loads of vegetables and beef as protein. Simply replace beef with vegan mince for a vegan/vegetarian alternative.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
- Grab a large non-stick pan and add beef into the cold pan. No need to add oil since the meat will release sufficient oil to grease the pan as it cooks.
- Heat up the pan to medium heat and break the meat apart while cooking. Continue to cook until it's brown.
- Add capsicums, tomato, dried oregano, sweetener (optional) and salt to taste. Cook until vegetables are tender or to your liking.
- Once it's ready you can add cooked spaghetti or zoodles/carrot noodles/sweet potato noodles according to your preferences. I went with two carrots and a smaller portion of whole wheat spaghetti.
- Serve with salt and pepper. You can shred some parmesan cheese on top if you want to!
- Prepare your choice of noodles in advance or as your bolognese cooks. Spaghetti, gluten free pasta, zoodles, carrot noodles, rice noodles and etc.
- You can add an onion if you want more sweetness to the dish without adding any sweetener.
- You can replace minced beef with vegan mince.
- Parmesan cheese is optional.