Corn fritters are delicious corn 'cakes' lightly fried. This healthier version uses wholewheat flour, less oil and is sugar and dairy-free. It's easy to make and is great as part of any meal or a snack.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
- Put 200g (7oz) of corn kernels and all other ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor and pulse until you get a chunky mixture. Do not over process because we want some textural contrast in the fritters.
- Transfer the batter to a big bowl, and stir in the rest of the corn kernels.
- Heat up 1 tsp of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drop a spoonful of batter into the skillet. Shape it into a circle and flatten it slightly with the back of your spoon. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with some salad greens or your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- You can use fresh, frozen or canned corn for this recipe. If using frozen, defrost them first.
- You may omit cilantro if you don't like it or substitute with parsley if you prefer.
- You may substitute wholewheat flour with white flour or a gluten free blend of your choice.