This easy guacamole only requires 6 ingredients and 5 minutes to make. It's so fresh and flavorful - you'll never go back to the store bought stuff after trying this!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time -
- Dice tomato and jalapeño pepper (if using).
- Finely mince onion.
- Cut avocados into halves, remove pit, and scoop out flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork and make it as chunky or smooth as you like.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to mashed avocado and mix well.
- Taste and add more salt or lime juice if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Use avocados that are ripe but not over-ripe. You don't want mushy guacamole!
- Omit jalapeño pepper if you don't like spicy.
- Adjust amount of salt and cilantro to your preference.
- Avocado tends to oxidize and turn brown quickly once cut open. The same goes for guacamole. Serve guacamole immediately or store for 1-2 days in fridge with cling wrap pressed against the entire surface of guacamole. Give it a stir before serving again.