Simple yet delicious breakfast to have on the go or as a healthy snack to curb any sweet cravings. Quick & easy to make or meal prep, perfect for those busy mornings and no cooking skills needed. Vegan option available.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time -
For Apple Cinnamon flavor:
For Banana Nutella flavor:
Additional topping options:
Making the oats
- Combine base ingredients in a suitably sized glass or bowl.
- Mix well, cover, and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon option:
- Make the oats as above.
- Core and peel an apple, cut into cubes.
- In a saucepan, dust apples with cinnamon powder, add 1 tablespoon water, mix then cook on medium heat until softened.
- Roughly chop a handful of pecans.
- Top your overnight oats with warm apple cinnamon mixture and pecans.
Banana Nutella option:
- Make the oats as above, but add 1/2 mashed banana and 1 tablespoon cacao powder to base ingredients. If you would like it a little sweeter, simply add some more sweetener.
- To serve, top with other 1/2 banana, hazelnut butter and chopped hazelnuts.
- For a vegan option: omit the greek yogurt and instead use 2/3 cup total of non-dairy milk.
- For a thinner consistency, add a little extra milk.
- Ensure you use old fashioned rolled oats for this recipe, as other types of oats will not work well.
- Pro-tip: the base oats mix can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, so is perfect for meal prepping. Toppings should be added fresh as they won't necessarily keep well.