Vietnamese rice paper rolls, also known as fresh summer rolls, are loaded with veggies. It's a perfect quick refreshing meal or snack for summer months. Shrimps are great for these rolls, or you can replace it with tofu
Prep Time 20 mins
Cooking Time -
Make the sauce:
- Add all ingredients (except water) to a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Slowly add water, 1 tbsp at a time, and whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust to your preference.
Prep the ingredients:
- Finely julienne cucumber, carrot and lettuce, set aside.
- Soften vermicelli noodles by soaking in a big bowl of hot water or prepare according to instructions on packet.
- Slice prawns in half lengthwise and devein.
Make the rolls:
- Fill a plate or a shallow bowl with warm water. Take a sheet of rice paper and submerge it in the water for 2-3 seconds to soften it.
- Place on rice paper coriander (cilantro) / mint (if using), 3 prawns, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, and vermicelli noodles.
- Fold the left and right sides of rice paper in, then roll firmly from the bottom upwards and seal the roll.
- Repeat with remaining sheets of rice paper.
- Serve rice paper rolls immediately with peanut sauce.
- Any leftover sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Soy sauce can be substituted with liquid aminos.
- If not eating the rice paper rolls immediately, wrap them individually in cling wrap to prevent from drying out or sticking together, and store in fridge for up to 1 day.