Roasted bell peppers, stir-fried cabbage and miso eggplant sandwiched between a seasoned tofu 'bun'. These low-carb, vegan sandwiches are bursting with flavor, ridiculously good for you and so easy to make.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 20-30 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Slice up firm tofu into 4 pieces.
- Lay out tofu and bell peppers on a tray, sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil and lightly roast in the oven for 20 mins, until peppers are soft and lightly charred.
- While the tofu and peppers are roasting, chop the red cabbage into slices and pan fry on medium/high heat with a little oil to your desired level of done-ness. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Chop up eggplant into bite-sized pieces and cook over the stove on medium heat with some water. Add in the miso paste and coconut aminos, stir and mix well until miso paste is fully dissolved and has coated all the eggplant.
- Cook eggplant, stirring every now and again, until soft.
- Build the sandwich in the following order : Tofu|Eggplant|Bell Peppers|Cabbage|Tofu.
- Top with sesame seeds, gomasio and sriracha sauce for more flavor.
- Make sure to cut the slices of firm tofu thick enough for it to keep its shape.
- You need to use firm tofu because anything softer and it will break.
- If you don't have coconut aminos, you can use low-sodium / light soy sauce.