Packed to the rim with nourishing whole grains, vibrant vegetables and wholesome plant proteins, a Buddha Bowl is the ideal vegan one-bowl dish. The healthy, creamy chipotle sauce is versatile and pairs well with other dishes too.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
Creamy Chipotle Sauce:
Make the sauce:
- Add all ingredients (except water) to a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Slowly add water, 1 tbsp at a time, and whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust to your preference. Add more salt if you prefer.
Prep the ingredients:
- Roast falafel in oven according to instructions on package.
- Slice cucumber, red onion and avocado.
- Dice tomato.
- Juliene carrot.
Assemble the bowl:
- Lay a bed of raw spinach in the bowl, then add brown rice, toasted falafel, avocado, carrot, cucumber and tomato.
- Drizzle sauce on top.
- Sprinkle a handful of sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds on top. Easy!
- Any leftover sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Omit maple syrup or substitute with your favourite sweetener instead.
- You can use any vegetables you have and omit onions if you're intolerant to high fodmap foods.
- Substitute quinoa for brown rice for an extra protein boost.
- You can make your own falafels if you wish to.
- Chipotle powder will make the sauce more spicy, but if you like it mild, paprika can be used instead.