These brownies are so fudgey and chocolatey and delicious, you will never know they are healthy thanks to one secret ingredient… black beans! They are also vegan so no dairy or eggs needed. Plus they can be made low fat and sugar free too!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
yields 6 brownies
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Add all ingredients (apart from chocolate chips and pecans) in food processor and process until completely smooth, stopping to scrap down the sides when necessary.
- Stir in half the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Lightly grease a brownie pan.
- Transfer batter to pan. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips and pecans on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Warm it up by microwaving it for 10-15 seconds before eating for optimal melty chocolate goodness!
- You may substitute coconut oil with apple sauce to make this low-fat.
- You may substitute maple syrup and/or stevia with any other sweetener of choice.
- You may substitute chocolate chips and chopped pecans with any other mix-in's you fancy: chopped walnuts, macadamia nuts, crushed peppermints or even crushed pretzels are some great ideas!