These almond crackers are delicious, crunchy, and the perfect low-carb, gluten-free alternatives to crackers for scooping up dips or serving with cheese on a charcuterie board. Plus, you only need 3 ingredients to make them!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
Optional seasoning ideas (pick any):
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 355°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together almond flour, flax egg and salt until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper, then cover it with another piece of parchment paper. Roll it out using a rolling pin or bottle to 1-2 mm (0.04-0.08 in) thickness.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper. If using any of the optional seasonings, sprinkle them over the flattened dough now. Press down gently using your hands so the seasoning sticks.
- Cut dough into little squares using a knife.
- Carefully transfer the piece of parchment paper with the dough on it to a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. The ones on the edges might be done quicker - remove them from oven and let the middle ones continue baking until done.
- Transfer crackers to a cooling rack and let cool completely before enjoying or storing.
- The crackers will keep in an airtight container in room temperature for 7 days. If you live in a humid climate and the crackers become soft, simply crisp them up again in a 180°C / 355°F oven for a few minutes, and let cool again before enjoying.
- These gluten-free crackers are lower in carbs compared to conventional crackers but they are higher in fat as they are made from almonds. Enjoy in moderation in combination with other whole foods!