This healthier beef stroganoff tastes just as good as the classic version! It’s comfort food that you can feel good about indulging in. Serve it over zucchini noodles, rice or your favorite pasta. This recipe is great for meal-prep and is dairy-free adaptable.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
- Slice beef into strips. Slice mushrooms, thinly slice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat up olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Sear beef until golden brown, then remove from heat.
- Add sliced onion to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Increase the heat to high, and add mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Stir in garlic and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Add worcestershire sauce and beef stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Return beef to the skillet and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and remove from heat.
- Taste and season with pepper and salt if necessary. Serve immediately with noodles of choice. Enjoy!
- I served the beef stroganoff over zucchini noodles. It is also great served over rice, quinoa, pasta or cauliflower mash.
- Feel free to add some baby spinach or serve the dish with your favorite veggies for a boost in greens if not serving with zucchini noodles.
- For dairy-free, replace low-fat sour cream with vegan cashew cheese.