These healthy baked chicken nuggets are the best you'll ever make! You only need a handful of ingredients and they're ready in 30 minutes from start to finish. They're crispy on the outside and so juicy and tender on the inside. You'll never crave the fast food version again!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big mixing bowl, add chicken mince, cornstarch, cold water, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place panko crumbs in a big shallow bowl.
- Using two spoons or wet hands, shape 1 tbsp of chicken mixture into a nugget. Place nugget in the bowl with panko crumbs, roll and press down gently to coat the entire nugget in panko crumbs evenly. Transfer to lined baking sheet.
- Repeat step 5 with remaining chicken mixture.
- Spray nuggets lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake nuggets for 15 minutes or until cooked through, flipping them halfway through baking.
- Remove nuggets and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy with your favourite sauces!
- You may substitute cornstarch with potato flakes. Or you may omit it entirely, however the texture of the nuggets will be more dense.
- You may substitute panko crumbs with crushed cornflakes or regular bread crumbs.
- Don't overbake the nuggets or they will be dry!