A decadent chocolate lava cupcake with gooey chocolate center that you can't miss! It tastes indulgent but is actually healthy due to its higher protein and fiber content. It's also gluten free, vegan and very quick & easy to make.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Additional/optional chocolate filling:
- Preheat oven to 360°F / 180°C.
- Pop all ingredients into a blender and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into cupcake mold. The batter should make about 6 cupcakes
- Poke a little block of dark chocolate or sugar free chocolate into the center of each cupcake. My suggested serving size is about 10g (0.35 oz) of chocolate per cupcake, but I used more because I like it better with more chocolate!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- To make you own oat flour, simply process rolled oats in a food processor until the texture resembles sand/flour. Be sure to use certified gluten free oats!
- You can use more or less chocolate depending on how much calories you want to take in. It tastes as good without chocolate as well. You could do some with chocolate and some without!
- You may use whatever variety of chocolate you prefer to suit your dietary needs! Eg. milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or sugar-free chocolate if you are conscious of your sugar intake.
- I used monk fruit erythritol and stevia as the sugar free sweetener for this recipe, but you may use your favourite sugar/sweetener instead.