Fresh, flakey fish in a crispy breadcrumb coating. These homemade fish sticks are easy to make, high in protein and taste far better than the ones from the frozen aisle. But if you want to freeze them, that's totally fine - they freeze well so are great for meal prep too!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Cut fish into 3 inch x 0.5 inch sticks. Sprinkle salt all over them and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish.
- Place flour in another shallow dish.
- Place panko crumbs, paprika and garlic powder in a third shallow dish.
- Using tongs or chopsticks, pick up a fish stick and dip it in the egg, then in flour, and finally in seasoned panko crumbs. Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat until all fish sticks are coated.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray, and bake for 15 minutes, flipping once midway through.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
- I used hoki but you can use any white fish you like. Some other fish that will work well are: cod, bass, ling, tilapia, barramundi, snapper.
- Serve these fish fingers with lemon wedges and your favorite dippings sauces!
- These fish fingers don't tend to keep well after baking, so serve immediately! If you want to make these ahead of time, freeze immediately after coating with crumbs and bake from frozen for 20 minutes.