This hearty homemade vegetable soup is sure to warm you up on any gloomy winter day! It's loaded with chunky, wholesome vegetables. It's healthy, filling, super easy to prepare and is great for meal prepping!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 60 mins
- Dice all vegetables.
- Heat up olive oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté onion until fragrant.
- Add carrot and celery and cook for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Stir frequently.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from kale, chickpeas and nutritional yeast. Cover and cook for 40 minutes. Check on it occasionally and add more water if required.
- Add kale and chickpeas and cook for 5-10 minutes or until they have softened to your liking.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in nutritional yeast. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3 days. It's also suitable for freezing. Freeze in portions for easy defrosting in the future.
- This soup is filling on its own but you may also serve it with toast or garlic bread for a heartier meal.
- You can add kale stems to the soup to avoid wastage! Simply dice them up add to the soup in step 4.