Dressed with zesty orange vinaigrette, this honey-glazed halloumi salad is anything but boring. Not only is it delicious, it’s so pretty to look at too. It makes the perfect appetizer, side or a light lunch!
Prep Time 30 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
1 - 4
Other salad ingredients
Make the honey-glazed halloumi
- Cut halloumi into 0.5 inch thick slices.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, lemon juice and thyme.
- Spoon the mixture over the halloumi slices and let marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Heat up olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sear marinated halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Make the dressing
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wash and drain arugula and transfer to a large serving bowl. Arrange orange slices around it. Top with cherry tomatoes, chopped pecans and halloumi slices. Drizzle dressing on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You may substitute honey with maple syrup.
- You may substitute monkfruit erythritol sweetener with any other sweetener of choice.
- You may susbstitute roasted pecans with roasted walnuts.
- Feel free to omit garlic powder if it bloats you.
- Feel free to substitute arugula with any other salad greens of choice.