Quick and tasty, one pot recipe for Japanese curry with chicken and veggies. Perfect as a hearty meal served with rice or noodles, and great for meal prep too. Cute panda rice balls optional.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins
- Fine dice onion and medium dice chicken, carrots and potatoes.
- Heat up olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and stir fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken to skillet and stir fry until slightly browned.
- Add carrots and potatoes to skillet and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add curry bricks to skillet and stir until dissolved completely. Let simmer for 3-5 more minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened to desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, thin out with a splash of water.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice or noodles. Enjoy!
- Omit chicken or replace with any other protein of choice!
- Potatoes and carrots are usually used in Japanese curry, but you can use any other vegetables you like instead. Zucchini, pumpkin, sweet potato or mushrooms would be good for this dish too.
- If serving curry with noodles like udon, you can thin out the curry with water or vegetable stock to make it a soupy noodle dish instead!