This Tex-Mex-inspired fish bowl with cauliflower rice, spicy jalapeño guacamole and pica de gallo is the perfect quick and easy low-carb, high-protein dinner.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
Pico de gallo
- Finely dice jalapeño.
- Spoon out flesh from avocado and add to a mixing bowl. Mash lightly with a fork until desired texture.
- Add diced jalapeño, chopped cilantro and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make pico de gallo
- Dice tomato, finely dice onion and chop cilantro. Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with salt.
Prepare cauliflower rice
- Process fresh cauliflower in a food processor until it is the size of rice. Alternatively, grate it using a box grater.
- Heat up olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add riced cauliflower and sauté for a few minutes until tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pat dry fish fillet with a paper towel and sprinkle smoked paprika, salt and pepper all over it.
- Heat up olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sear fish for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden.
- Lay a bed of salad greens in your serving bowl. Top with cauliflower rice and fish. Serve with lemon wedges, jalapeño guacamole and pico de gallo. Enjoy!
- I used ling fillet but any mild white fish will work well for this recipe.
- Feel free to use less or more jalapeño depending on your spice tolerance and taste preference.
- Not a fan of jalapeño? Try this classic guacamole instead.
- You can prepare cauliflower rice in a big batch to save time. Simply freeze raw cauliflower rice in a large freezer bag and defrost as needed.