Delicious, low-fat potato chips made in the microwave! It’s super easy and the chips come out super crunchy, and you can season them however you like - perfect to satisfy any snack cravings! Fat-free option available.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 15-20 mins
- Thinly slice potato using a mandoline or a knife.
- Rinse potato slices to wash off excess starch, then drain and pat dry thoroughly using a clean tea towel.
- Lightly grease a large microwave-safe plate with olive oil. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on the plate.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, flip, then microwave for another 3-4 minutes or until the chips just start to brown. Remove from microwave as soon as brown spots start to appear.
- Repeat with the rest of the potato slices using a different microwave-safe plate.
- Make seasoning by mixing together all the seasoning ingredients until combined.
- Place potato chips in a large mixing bowl. Dust seasoning all over them and toss to coat evenly. Enjoy!
- Take care when removing the plate from the microwave as it will be very hot. Use oven mitts if necessary.
- You may omit the oil if you want to. The potato chips will still be very crispy but they are more likely to get stuck to the plate and the seasoning won’t adhere as well.
- Feel free to get creative with the seasoning!
- Cooking time can vary depending on your microwave. Make sure you keep an eye on them once past the 4 minute mark and remove them from the microwave as soon as brown spots start to appear.
- Use a new plate for each batch to avoid risk of it cracking from overheating.