These cacao almonds might not be the prettiest but they are so tasty and good for you! In addition to being high in protein and fiber, this recipe uses raw cacao which is a powerhouse of flavonoid antioxidants and minerals such as magnesium. Crunchy and chocolatey but not too sweet with a touch of sea salt, the perfect healthy snack to always have on hand!
Prep Time -
Cooking Time 20 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 120°C / 248°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, mix together all ingredients apart from almonds.
- Pour almonds into bowl and stir until each almond is coated in the cacao mixture.
- Transfer almonds to lined baking tray in a single layer, making sure the almonds are not touching each other.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the almonds are completely dry.
- Take almonds out of oven and let cool completely before storing.
- Store in air-tight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Taste the almonds after they cool down. If they're still a bit soft or not crunchy then return them to the oven to dry out more. But take care not to burn them!
- Raw cacao powder contains more nutrients from cacao beans but Dutch cocoa powder has a deeper, richer chocolatey taste. Adjust amount of each according to your preference, or you may use one in place of the other for this recipe.