Lightly sweetened with maple syrup and baked to golden, toasty perfection, this homemade granola is so easy to make and much tastier and healthier than store-bought ones. Once you try this, you will never go back to buying granola off the shelf!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 355 ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add rolled oats, almonds, pecans, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and salt. Stir until combined and all the oats and nuts are evenly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture to lined baking sheet. Spread everything out into a thin layer with a spoon. Press down gently to compress.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then give everything a good stir and press down gently to compress again with a spoon, then bake for another 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove granola from oven and let cool completely before breaking it up.
- Once cool, break up large clumps and mix in cacao nibs and chocolate chips.
- Store granola in an airtight container in a dark, dry spot in the pantry for up to 2-3 weeks.
- Have this granola on its own as a snack, or with milk or yogurt and fresh fruits. Or make a yogurt parfait with it!
- Make sure the granola cools down completely before you break it up or mix in the chocolate chips or else they will melt.
- Feel free to substitute maple syrup with any other sweetener of choice. You may even omit it if you want.
- Feel free to customize this granola however you want by adding spices (eg. cinnamon) or other mix-in’s (eg. nuts, seeds or dried fruits)!