A low-sugar version of honey soy chicken - a classic that everyone loves for good reasons! This healthier sauce is lower in sugar but still thick and glossy and not to mention delicious! A great recipe for meal prep too.
Prep Time 30 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
3 - 4
- Medium dice chicken breast.
- In a large mixing bowl, add honey, monk fruit erythritol sweetener, soy sauce and sesame oil and whisk until combined. Add diced chicken and stir to coat. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat up a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add chicken and all the marinade. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet and stir until the sauce thickens up to desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add a splash of water.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with steamed rice and your favorite steamed vegetables. Enjoy!
- To make this recipe completely sugar-free, you can replace the honey with honey flavouring or simply omit and add 1 tsp monk fruit erythritol sweetener.
- Feel free to substitute monk fruit erythritol sweetener with any other sweetener of choice.
- Feel free to omit garlic powder if it bloats you.