Tender chicken breast, naturally sweet mango, crunchy carrots and romaine, thin vermicelli, fresh cilantro wrapped in a rice paper roll. Summer rolls are a Vietnamese classic and this combination of ingredients is not only an explosion of flavor and textures but is also incredibly healthy and nutritious, as well as quick and easy to make!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 5 mins
Rice Paper Rolls
Prepare the Ingredients
- Make dipping sauce by combining all the ingredients for dipping sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves and coriander (cilantro).
- Grate carrot.
- Cut mango into strips.
- Cook vermicelli according to package instructions. Drain and let cool.
- Heat up olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sear chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cool slightly then slice into strips.
Assemble the Rolls:
- Fill a plate or a shallow bowl with warm water. Take a sheet of rice paper and submerge it in the water for 2-3 seconds to soften it.
- Place on rice paper coriander (cilantro), chicken, lettuce, carrot, mango, and vermicelli.
- Fold the left and right sides of rice paper in, then roll firmly from the bottom upwards and seal the roll.
- Repeat with remaining sheets of rice paper.
- Serve rice paper rolls immediately with dipping sauce.
- If not eating the rice paper rolls immediately, wrap them individually in cling wrap to prevent from drying out or sticking together, and store in fridge for up to 1 day.
- Substitute chicken with tofu and fish sauce with soy sauce to make this dish vegan / vegetarian.
- Substitute stevia with any other sweetener of choice.