A quick and easy one pot chicken vegetable soup. Full of tender chicken and hearty vegetables in a savory tomato broth. Feel free to double up the recipe so you have a big batch that can last a few meals too!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 40 mins
2 - 4
- Finely dice onion and medium dice carrots, celery, zucchini and chicken breast.
- In a large soup pot, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery, and saute until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for chicken, and bring mixture to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- This is an optional step if you want a thicker soup. Using an immersion blender, blend up a little bit of the vegetables in the pot to give your soup a heartier texture. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can just scoop out about 1 cup of the vegetables and transfer to a blender to blend until smooth, then transfer back to the pot.
- After 30 minutes, add chicken and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock for a richer chicken flavor. Be sure to use low sodium stock if possible.
- Feel free to replace or add any vegetables of your choice! I recommend not to skip onion, celery and carrot though. Corn, green peas, potato, pumpkin or kale would be great in this soup too.