Pan seared salmon skillet on a bed of soft, flavorful quinoa 'risotto'. It's a lighter dish than regular risotto, so it's perfect for some warmer days ahead, and is very easy to make.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins
- Dice onion.
- Rinse quinoa very well and drain.
- Heat up olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and over medium heat. Add diced onion and sauté for a few minutes until translucent and fragrant.
- Add quinoa, almond milk, vegetable broth and Italian herbs. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 30 minutes. Give it a stir every once in a while. Turn down the heat and add a splash of water if it's drying out before the quinoa becomes soft and creamy.
- When quinoa is soft and creamy, season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add salmon fillets and let sear for 3-4 minutes on each side. Season liberally with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Serve seared salmon on top of a bed of quinoa risotto with you favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
- Make sure you rinse quinoa very well before cooking otherwise it can sometimes have a bitter taste.
- I used tricolor quinoa but you can use white quinoa if you want.
- Serve this dish with a side of your favorite vegetables for a balanced meal!