Quick and easy chicken tacos with grilled cinnamon pineapple that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. A perfect Taco Tuesday recipe to use up any leftover chicken and overripe avocados!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 10-20 mins
- Dice tomato and finely mince onion.
- Cut avocado into halves, remove pit, and scoop out flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork and make it as chunky or smooth as you like.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to mashed avocado and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare the other ingredients
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F in fan grill setting.
- Drain canned pineapple and dice into 0.5 inch cubes, then transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle cinnamon all over and toss to combine. Grill in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Stack the tortillas up and wrap them in a packet of aluminum foil. Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until warmed up. You can do this at the same time as the pineapple.
- Dice chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Assemble the tacos by placing guacamole, chicken and pineapple on top of each tortilla. Top with extra cilantro and hot sauce if desired. Serve with lime or lemon wedges. Enjoy!
- I had some leftover grilled chicken in the fridge so that's what I used for these tacos. You can also use shredded chicken or poached chicken if you like. Or feel free to substitute with any of protein of choice.
- If making guacamole ahead of time, store in the fridge with cling wrap pressed against the entire surface of guacamole to prevent it from turning brown. Give it a stir before serving again.
- Feel free to omit onion it it bloats you.
- I used whole wheat tortillas but you can use ones that suit your dietary needs eg. gluten free.