Grilled pineapple shrimp kabobs with an easy smokey pineapple juice marinade. The shrimp are so juicy and flavorful! You can also make these on the grill too!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 8 mins
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Lightly oil a baking tray.
- Thread the shrimp, pineapple, green bell pepper, red bell pepper and red onion onto the skewers. Alternate the shrimp and veggies as you go. Place skewers on the prepared baking tray.
- Make the marinade by combining lemon juice, pineapple juice, paprika, olive oil, liquid smoke and salt in a bowl.
- Brush the skewers with the marinade. Place in oven and grill for 5 minutes, flip, then grill for 2-3 more minutes or until shrimps are cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Top with some cracked black pepper and serve hot with some lemon wedges. Enjoy!
- If using wooden skewers, pre-soak them in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning in the oven.
- Liquid smoke will add a nice smokey flavor but you can omit if you don't have it.
- You can also grill these skewers instead.
- This recipe is very versatile. If you don't like shrimp, you can substitute with any other protein you like to eat. Just be sure to first cut them into pieces that will fit on the skewer.