If you’re craving pizza, this stuffed chicken will hit the spot as a high protein, low carb alternative! It’s loaded with pepperoni, spinach and melty mozzarella cheese, then topped with a savory tomato sauce and baked to perfection. Yum!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400 °F.
- Mix together all the ingredients for tomato sauce until combined, and transfer to a baking dish. Set aside.
- Cut a slit on the side of each chicken breast. Take care not to cut all the way through.
- Pat the surface of the chicken breasts dry. Sprinkle salt, pepper and Italian herbs all over each chicken breast and rub the seasoning in using your hands.
- Stuff pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and baby spinach inside each chicken breast. Transfer stuffed chicken breasts to baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and top with a few slices of pepperoni and more mozzarella if you wish, then bake for 20 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- If you want, you can first brown the stuffed chicken breasts by searing them on a nonstick skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side before baking. This is an optional step if you want that golden color. But it will still taste good if you skip this step!
- If you are having trouble with the stuffed chicken falling apart, you can use toothpicks or wooden sticks to help hold it together.