Healthy higher protein chocolate frozen yogurt that you can enjoy regularly! Easy to make and extremely tasty! Great for post workout and you can substitute dairy yogurt with your favorite plant based yogurt!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time -
- Combine your frozen yogurt, frozen bananas, protein powder, non-frozen yogurt, vanilla extract and your preferred milk into a blender and blend until smooth. If this is difficult to blend, simply add a little more milk, 1 tbsp at a time, to avoid it getting too wet.
- Scoop out half of the blended mixture and set aside, then add cocoa powder into the blender and mix well. Add more cocoa powder if you prefer.
- Pour the chocolate yogurt mixture into a glass then add the vanilla-banana yogurt on top.
- To serve, dust some cocoa powder on top, garnish with a few small dark chocolate pieces (both are optional!)
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can exclude milk if you thaw your frozen yogurt for a while before blending.
- To freeze yogurt, pop some yogurt into an ice tray before freezing for at least 5 hours or overnight. I used low fat natural yogurt but you can use any other yogurt you like.
- To make frozen bananas, cut up your bananas into medallions and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- You don't have to add bananas, but they help to give it a creamier texture.
- Use your favorite sweetener! I like stevia but monk fruit raw sugar, and honey are great as well!