Poke bowls indeed are colorful and versatile, and this one is a dish you will never tire of as you can change up the ingredients each time. It's tasty, quick to make, and fresh and light for summer. Make it vegan/vegetarian by omitting the salmon.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 5 mins
- Cook rice in rice cooker
- Mix rice vinegar, stevia and salt in a bowl
- once rice is cooked and cooled slightly, add the rice vinegar mix and stir with a wooden spatula
Making Poke Bowl
- Chop up your favourite vegetables. Some needs be cooked (like edamame, pumpkin) and some can be eaten fresh.
- Layer a bed of rice at the bottom.
- Add salmon sashimi and your favorite toppings. Use leftover vegetables or your favourite fresh vegetables suggested above.
- Drizzle with some soy sauce and add wasabi. Wasabi is optional. Sprinkle furikake over the dish.
- Best eaten fresh for fresh sashimi.
- Use any vegetables you have. Above are some of my personal favorites.
- Pickled ginger and furikake are great for poke bowls.
- Seaweed salad can be bought from Japanese groceries.
- If you can't have soy, coconut aminos is a great replacement.
- Can be made gluten free with gluten free soy sauce and ingredients.
- Vegan and vegetarians can replace salmon sashimi with tofu.